Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Introductions!

Hello!

As my first post on this blog I would like to introduce myself, what I like to read, and what this blog will consist of in the future!

Firstly, some stuff about me.  *waves*  My name is Jasmine.  I am a senior at the University of California, Berkeley, majoring in English and minoring in Creative Writing.  I hope to someday work in Young Adult publishing in marketing or editing.  Along with reading and writing, I also tap danced for 13 years, played volleyball for 7 years, and have done marching and concert band for the past 11 years, including the University of California Marching Band!  (I play the mellophone and French horn, if anyone was curious.) 

I have always loved to read and my passion began in fantasy and science fiction (Secrets of Droon, for any 90s kids out there?) but has expanded  to encompass many genres.  Now I enjoy reading Young Adult (anything, really), New Adult (contemporary, specifically), and Adult (again, about anything).  

In the tabs above you'll find lists of my favorite reads separated by category (all of which are created equal, of course).  I'll try to add to these lists as I read so that if you have a fancy for something in particular, like I sometimes do, you'll hopefully have a list of great books from which to choose!  There is also a tab for recommendations, a sort of If You Liked This, Try This type thing, which will also hopefully aid you in your search for wonderful reads! 

Along with documenting my own favorite reads, I plan to review and promote books on this blog as well.  These reviews and promotions will extend through all the genres I enjoy reading and I hope that they will get you excited and interested in upcoming releases as well as introduce you to titles you may not have considered.  

I hope that this blog will become a place where readers can come and find new and exciting reads and share in their love (and my love) of books!

Cheers!

Jasmine 

P.S. Sorry about the excessive use of exclamation points but I'm excited to start this journey! Yeeeee! 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jashodge13
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/jashodge


No comments:

Post a Comment