Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Epic Reads Tag!

Hello! I watch Epic Reads on YouTube (if you don't, you should check them out - Margot and Aubry are hilarious) and they recently did a book tag! While my days on YouTube are long past (but they at one time were a thing), I thought I'd do a written version! Without further adieu...

The Epic Reads Tag! 

1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?

I would invite Sarah J. Maas and I would serve brunch because everyone likes brunch, right?

2. What book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?

This is an adult book, but I wish that Patricia Briggs wrote a prequel to her Mercy Thompson series, with Mercy as a child with Bran, Charles, and Samuel because HOW FUNNY WOULD IT BE!?

3. Which characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?

I feel like America from The Selection series by Kiera Cass and Dorian from Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass series would be good for one another - they could whip each other into shape. Also, it would be fun to see Alex from The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout with Kendra from The Ondine Quartet by Emma Raveling because those are two badass babes.

4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?

My favorite author would probably be Sarah J. Maas or John Green. If I ran into Sarah I'd probably fangirl real hard and not say anything coherent and if I ran into John I'd probably say DFTBA and ask how Willie (his dog) is doing.

5. What book made you a reader and why?

The Secrets of Droon series by Tony Abbott were the first books that I remember reading and fostered my love for fantasy. I read To Kill a Mockingbird sophomore year in high school and that was the first book that made me think that I would want to actually study English.

6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught on fire. Show us the one book you would save.

My signed (by John AND Hank) and personalized copy of The Fault in Our Stars.

7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one? Why?

The Selection series (this counts as dystopian, right?) because while life sucks, chances are you won't die.

8. What is your most epic read of all time?

Throne of Glass series, Heir of Fire in particular, by Sarah J. Maas.
....
In close second is Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover.
....
I'M VERY BAD AT NARROWING IT DOWN TO ONLY ONE *cries*

And, as the tag requires...

*does a book shimmy*

Feel free to leave a comment with a response to any of these questions or if you think I missed something pivotal!

Cheers and Happy Reading!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment