Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Speed Review - Let's Go!

So I read a lot of books in a month...week...sometimes multiple books a day. And I can't write a review for every book I read (because who would read them all, really). But I thought since I have read so many books lately, I'd do a speed review - just a quick note of stars (cough cupcakes) and a quick opinion blurb. Let's commence, shall we?

City Love by Susane Colasanti

Add on Goodreads

I was on a small town girl meets attractive city guy binge and this looked like it would hit the spot. While entertaining, I personally found the voices a little immature and the characters one dimensional. A fun beach read but not much more.

2 Cupcakes



The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey

Add on Goodreads

A fantasy and action fueled adventure, great for fans of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor and the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. The world is dark and deep and the characters are well developed. A little predictable, but overall an entertaining and satisfying read.

4 Cupcakes



Getting Lucky Number Seven by Cindi Madson

Add on Goodreads

A cute friends to something more story. I thought the dialogue was witty, the romance authentic, and it was well paced. Nothing too complicated but an overall swoon-worthy, entertaining read.

4.5 Cupcakes




The Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Step

Add on Goodreads

The political world but with magic. Cold Burn of Magic has a great main character with a developed, interesting, dangerous world. I enjoyed the war between the houses and the problems it creates, and how the main character is related to and deals with those problems. A fun read and I look forward the the sequel.

4.5 Cupcakes



Across the Distance by Marie Meyer

Add on Goodreads

Again, another friends to romance story (told you I was on a binge), this one with my second favorite twist - he's a rising musician. This book deals with some heavy stuff. The chemistry between the characters is good and the plot is happily-ever-after predictable.

4 Cupcakes



The Heir by Keira Cass

Add on Goodreads

I liked the Selection series (not loved) and thought I'd give The Heir a try. Eadlyn drove me nuts from the start, and although she grows throughout the story, I never could really get into her voice and character. Fans of The Selection will no doubly enjoy this second generation tale, but it wasn't for me.

3 Cupcakes



Born of Defiance by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Add on Goodreads

I love the League series, it's probably my favorite of Sherrilyn's many series, and this is no different. I loved seeing the Andarion world and really getting into the nitty gritty of a warrior's society. Readers learn something new about old characters in every new book and this was no different. I thought the trauma and abuse was really thick, though - not that it wasn't apt or told well. I just feel really bad for all the characters in this series. Sheesh. Could be read as a stand alone but I highly recommend the rest of the series.

4.5 Cupcakes


End of Days by Susan Ee

Add on Goodreads

I read Angelfall and World After a while ago and fell in love with this apocalyptic killer angel world. I loved Penryn and her will to keep fighting. I loved Raffe and their chemistry and his internal conflict to follow his duty or his heart. The world Susan Ee creates is deep and interesting and gritty and I thought this was a great conclusion to the series.

5 Cupcakes


Well, I hope this little Review Roundup was helpful. Check out all of these recent releases for yourself!

Happy Reading!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment