Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Writing Update #1: Let's Get Started, Shall We?

Hi all!

In case you didn't know, along with reading books, I also have dreams of being writer! After participating in NanoWrimo this last November (I won! And a day early too!) I have really gotten back into the swing of things with writing and thought I'd share my journey with you! I saw a post like this on another blog - I cannot remember for the life of me the name so forgive me - and thought it was a great way to share and also give myself a sense of accountability 😬😬.

I actually have three different WIPs right now, because I hate myself, so I'll give a little rundown of each.

Children of the Sun and Moon:
  • Current Word Count: 58,919
  • Alanna the Lioness meets Dividing Eden: A young woman training to be an assassin must battle her classmates, her twin brother, and the gods to kill the king and save the world from ruin. 
  • Not a fan of the title (lol)
  • New Adult Fantasy. 
  • A kickass heroine
  • A brother who makes bad choices 
  • Gods who have too much time on their hands. 
  • Assassins. 
  • Kings. 
  • A sexy god of death, an irritating god of the moon, and a bloodthirsty goddess of the sun. 

114 Griffiths Hall:
  • Current Word Count: 252 (plus a mock newsletter, so more!)
  • You've Got Mail meets Fangirl: A girl gets attached to mystery classmates when she decides to write an unsolicited "Ask Annie"-esque column in her dorm's newsletter after she realizes she can hear all the conversations that happen in the stairwell outside her room. 
  • YA/NA Contemporary
  • Exposes the seedy underbelly of college band parties (just kidding)
  • One person may or may not be the hot guy from English class
  • Based on an actual experience

Strong Are the Wicked:
  • Current Word Count: 11,735
  • I don't have a good pitch for this yet, except that there are traces of Cruel Prince. Casten lives in Wicked, a city that rewards those who do evil with magic. When her sister is taken as part of game of power by the ruling class, called the Fair Ones, Casten follows her to the palace with the goal of proving that there are different forms of power. 
  • A land that's alive and likes people who do bad things
  • A girl who fights back by being kind
  • Sisters
  • Sexy fae-esque creatures
  • Some really horrible fae-esque creatures
  • A ferret-like creature named Sid who is literally darkness but I still imagine as being very cute.
And here is my first writing update! 

Strong are the Wicked

Words written today: 1, 729

Favorite Line(s): 
"But she wanted power, more so than the rest of us. She wanted more. She wanted. Wanting was fine, anywhere other than Wicked. Here, wanting came with the caveat of horrible things, of cruelty and blood. She wanted and was willing to do something about it and that made her all that much better and all that much worse."



Thanks for reading! 

Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment