Thursday, April 19, 2018

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 19

Hi all,

So for the next ten days or so (until April 27th), the posts may look a little different. I actually completely fell off the bandwagon updating my progress on here (though I didn't fall off the wagon of NaNoWriMo!) so while the word counts and stuff are correct, the excerpts may be from the wrong sections, I don't remember what music I listened to, and I'm not sure what the total word count for the whole project would be. Still, I hope you enjoy!

For Brightly She Burns

Words Written: None!

Words Total (Camp): 35,512

Excerpt:

Qasim stood proud, tall, looking like a prince for the first time since I’ve met him. I studied his handsome features, the rich, brown skin and the intelligent brown eyes. Hunter always was attracted to strength, and Qasim contained a strength of a different sort, but just as beautiful, and perhaps even more dangerous.

The serious set of his mouth faltered and his lips slipped upward. That’s when I saw it. The mischief. The challenge. The knowing that you had a fighting chance of winning and looking forward to the fight. All things that held my brother’s heart.

“Most of the nobles haven’t seen me for two years.” He said. “They’ll think I am the same quiet, shy boy I was before.”

“And that’s not who you are now?” I asked.

“Oh, Farrow.” Qasim said, his grin turning into a charming smile. He relaxed his shoulders. “They have no idea what I’m capable of.”

Happy Writing!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment