Sunday, April 1, 2018

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 1

For Brightly She Burns

Words Written: 2,781

Words Total (Camp): 2,781

Words Total (Overall): 21,393

Excerpt: 

Hunter had sat in that prison for over a day, untouched by the Goddess of the Sun. Him and Garrett, but it had been Garrett that was killed that morning. She'd let Hunter live. “Why him?” I didn’t mean for it to be a whisper. Oron heaved a sigh. His eyes met mine and I couldn’t help but gulp. He wasn’t looking at me like a god to a mortal, or even a parent to a child. He was looking at me like a god would look at a god, a king to a queen. I clenched the fabric of my pants to hide the fact that my hands were shaking.

“She had to be sure.” He said finally. He sounded…sad. I waited. “She had to be sure it was you.”

Happy Writing! 

Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment